SNOO ‘ZZZZZZZ’ E
An activity with huge benefits which takes hardly any effort!
The amount of sleep we need varies from person to person, but most adults need between 7 and 9 hours per night , teens 8.5 to 9 hours and children 9 to 11 hours.
Whilst you are sleeping your brain keeps working ensuring ‘maintenance’ work is kept up to speed. Restorative sleep is essential for our physical and mental health; we need to be able to work to our true potential. Your energy levels and efficiency will noticeably improve when you are getting the sleep you need, the best indicator for this is to evaluate how you feel during your day.
Symptoms for lack of sleep.
- Get weary in the afternoon.
- Fall asleep very quickly when you go to bed.
- Get sleepy in meetings.
- Find it hard to get up in the morning.
- Fall asleep when watching TV.
Effects of lack of sleep.
- Lack of motivation.
- Concentration and memory problems.
- Can’t deal with pressure.
- Weight Gain.
- Accidents occur more often.
Some Ideas to help you sleep.
- Make sure your bedroom isn’t too hot or too cold. Ideal temp. Is 18c
- Ventilation is important, keep a window open, fresh air encourages sleep.
- Lavender oil on your pillow, can improve the quality of sleep.
- Wear comfortable nightwear, loose and natural fibres.
- Keep the room as dark as possible. Darkness stimulates the pineal gland to produce melatonin which induces sleep.
- Don’t have a TV in your bedroom.
- A warm bath relaxes the body in preparation for sleep.
- Avoid alcohol.
AND FINALLY…..A fun idea!! Google ‘ the dream man cuddle pillow’.
For those of you with insomnia, it’s important to remember it is not a physiological problem, but a psychological one, usually caused by stress. To treat insomniacs the problem needs to be dealt with when they are awake. At Beauty Haven some treatments to help deal with stress and induce a state of relaxation would be;