DETOX……GIVE YOUR BODY A BREAK.
To detox is to give your body a rest, nurture it, feed it with ‘good ‘ nutrients and give it a good clean out .
If you are feeling sluggish, eating rubbish, not exercising , having aches and pains , bags under your eyes, mental confusion it’s probably time to ‘detox’
However, remember, in general your body is naturally designed to remove toxins(detox) through the skin (by sweating), liver, colon and kidneys. So perhaps being a bit more disciplined and sensible with our diet and exercise may prevent us feeling out of sync and needing to carry out additional detox from time to time.
Some ways to help detoxify.
- Eliminate alcohol, caffeine, cigarettes, saturated fats and refined sugars…(these are actually forms of toxins in the body)
- Eat plenty of fibre.
- Reduce stress as much as possible, this releases hormones which in large amounts create toxins which slow down the enzymes in the liver which are needed for detoxing. Try to focus on the positives in life.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Include plenty of Vitamin C in your diet this produces a liver compound that drives toxins away.
- Drink Green Tea, and eat more detox foods…see below.
- Breathe deeply helping oxygen circulate better through your body.
- Fast .
- Use a sauna so you can eliminate waste through perspiration.
SOME GOOD FOODS TO HELP WITH DETOXING THE BODY.
- GARLIC. This helps stimulate the liver into producing enzymes which help get rid of toxic residues from the digestive system.
- GREEN TEA. Packed with antioxidants which increase liver function and also due to its liquid form toxins are flushed away.
- LEMONS and LIMES. Lemon juice helps the liver in its cleansing process, a lot of people will drink a glass of hot water with lemon every morning. These citrus fruits also help give the digestive system a kick start producing much needed enzymes.
- BROCCOLI SPROUTS. These stimulate the detoxification enzymes in the digestive tract.
- GRAPEFRUIT. High in vitamin C and antioxidants, grapefruit increases the natural cleansing processes of the liver. A small glass of grapefruit juice will help boost production of the liver detoxification enzymes that help flush out toxins.
- AVOCADOS.This super-food helps the body produce glutathione, a compound that is necessary for the liver to cleanse harmful toxins.
- APPLES. High in pectin, apples hold the chemical constituents necessary for the body to cleanse and release toxins from the digestive tract. This, makes it easier for the liver to handle the toxic load during the cleansing process.
- WALNUTS. Contain high amounts of the amino acid arginine, they aid the liver in detoxifying ammonia. Walnuts are also high in glutathione and omega 3 fatty acids, which support normal liver cleansing actions.
- OLIVE OIL. Oils such as olive, hemp and flax-seed are great for the liver, when used in moderation. They help the body by providing a lipid base that can suck up harmful toxins in the body. In this way, it takes some of the burden off the liver.
Beauty Haven can offer assistance with your DETOX with the Harley Body Wrap, the wrap helps dislodge fats and eliminate toxins. The appearance of cellulite is improved as is the condition of the skin.