Our top reasons you should get laser hair removal.
Laser hair removal is a popular treatment for many reasons, however the top reasons clients give when enquiring about laser are as follows:
- Hair Management
- Eliminate Ingrown hairs
- Boost Confidence
- COST: For most of us the cost of wax treatments, razors and shaving creams over a lifetime, or any other temporary method of removing hair can in the long term cost a fortune. The most used form of hair removal is shaving the hair as cost is minimal. This method is used by men to remove beard and chest hair and by women for mostly legs and underarms. Experts suggest daily shaving can benefit the skin as the razor acts like an exfoliant and will remove dead skin cells. However, shaving can cause irritation to the skin causes a shaving rash and sometimes hair bumps or ingrown hairs can be problematic.Although costly to start with, laser hair removal is more cost effective in the long run. The initial outlay of money can be slightly daunting, however many clinics now offer payment plans. It is usually more cost effective to buy a course of treatments,rather than pay as you go as there is usually a discount on bulk buying.Once you have finished your treatments the only outlay should be occasional top up treatments.
- TIME: The second major benefit for deciding on laser hair removal is the time factor. Shaving, waxing, tweezing, and use of hair removal creams are time consuming, its time we have to factor into our daily routine whereas with laser hair removal (also referred to as permanent hair reduction) you have long periods of being hair free, the treatment is fairly quick, for example to carry out a laser a full leg treatment can be as quick as 40 mins. Following a course of 6 – 8 treatments at 6 weekly intervals you should see a massive reduction in hair growth in 36 weeks with only maintenance treatments required in the future.
- HAIR MANAGEMENT:Laser hair removal is a hair reduction management system. Over a course of sessions you will notice the hair reducing in regrowth. We recommend a course of 6 sessions because the hair grows in different stages. Most clients notice a reduction very quickly, often in as little as after 2 -3 treatments, once your course is completed you will require top up sessions at a later date, this can range from 1 to 3 year intervals.
- INGROWN HAIRS:With waxing or shaving on a daily basis the chances of getting ingrown hairs is high. Every single hair on the body grows from one hair follicle but sometimes there will be a cluster of hairs emerging from that one follicle. Ingrown hairs form when a hair is growing back after shaving or waxing and gets trapped under the skin. Sometimes hair follicles become inflamed due to a bacterial or fungal infection, this is called Folliculitis, this can be painful and can also be tempting to try and remove the hair yourself, avoid picking, this can lead to infection and scarring.
- BOOST CONFIDENCE: Persistent hair growth and ingrown hairs, can lead to low self esteem, doing something about this on more permanent basis can improve self confidence.
After considering all of the above if there is any reason you can think of for which you may want to know more to help you decide on laser hair removal. Please do not hesitate to contact Beauty Haven and speak to our members of staff who will be delighted to help you further. Team Beauty Haven have a wealth of knowledge on Laser hair removal.