- Drinking too much. Alcohol is known to cause the blood vessels to dilate,drinking a lot can weaken the collagen, this means the veins remain open increasing blood flow to the face causing the thread veins.
- Too much exposre to the sun without protection can also weaken the skin.
- They can be inherited.
- Pregnancy will put extra pressure on your circulation causing thread veins on legs.
- Female hormones encourage blood vessel growth malking women susceptibe
- Avoid sun exposure.
- Avoid extremes of temperature, don’t have water too hot or too cold.
- Diet tips.
- Eat grapes, they contain anthocyanins which help build connective tissue and strenghten capillaries in the skin.
- VitaminC also helps build collagen.
- Vitamin E a natural antioxidant, will protect the skin and fight the harmful free radicals in your body.
- Vitamin K promotes blood clotting and could prevent the capillaries dilating causing the thread veins.
- Support stockings are great if you are on your feet all day, reducing blood pressure in the legs will cut the risk of veins in the legs.