Say goodbye to waxing – Laser hair removal
How often have you considered swapping your regular waxing appointments in favour of a more permanent form of hair removal? Whilst both laser hair removal and waxing offer smooth skin, what are the pro’s and con’s?
Waxing is a well known traditional treatment of hair removal and popular with most clients to rid the body and face of hair. Waxing does give a smooth finish and re-growth is usually between 4 to 8 weeks depending on what part of the body the hair is and what season we are in. For instance hair grows quicker during the summer and the hair on the face appears sooner than say underarms as they are normally covered up and not exposed as much as the face.
The disadvantages to waxing is that it can be painful and ingrown hairs can be a nuisance if exfoliation is not maintained.
Laser hair removal works to destroy the hair’s root down to the follicle using a pulsed light. Laser treatment is a stronger and more effective method of hair removal than waxing. In the long term laser will reduce hair growth anywhere on the body.
Comparing the two forms of hair removal, initially laser treatments are a far more expensive outlay than waxing. To pay for a course works out cheaper, but you can often find pay as you go schemes. However, once you make the commitment to invest in yourself a course of 6 to 8 treatments will work out cheaper in the long run than waxing. Some areas respond quicker than others and it works for a wide range of skin types.
Laser hair removal has become popular amongst many celebrities who have lots of positive feedback regarding laser hair removal and this is a testimonial in itself.
If you are still trying to make your mind up, the success rate and reviews we have received this year alone from a large number of our client base who have converted to laser and are delighted with the results that laser hair removal brings are a true testimonial of the treatment. All of these clients are referring to laser hair removal treatments they have had:
- Margaret – I have been using Beauty Haven for around 8 years and have introduced my daughter and friends to their service. Every visit is a pleasure from reception to every staff member, excellent example of perfect customer service. I am happy to offer a testimonial to anyone who needs one.
- Angela – Its lovely, clean, warm and friendly, can’t think of anything to improve services.
- Joan – Also very pleasant experience at Beauty Haven, Very professional, hygienic and friendly.
- Jane – Very happy with all services, thank you.
- Dione – Great, friendly professional service every time.
- Martha – Had my first laser hair removal service with Deirdre and she was amazing. She made it very easy. Confident, friendly and professional 5* service. Can’t wait to come back for the rest of my sessions. Thank you.
- Gabriella – very professional delivered service 5 out 5.
- Nicola 5 out of 5
- Jessica 5 out of 5
- Sheena – Easy to book treatments, feel comfortable in all treatments/Recommend the salon all the time.
- Hilda – Excellent staff and treatments. Love coming here xxx
- Jennifer – A* salon and staff.
- Maureen – Salon excellent and very pleased all round.
- Gary – Really happy Beauty Haven was recommended to me. Staff are always friendly & professional & the IPL has really helped my skin. I’ll be a customer for a long time.
- Oonagh – 5*
Whilst laser is a long term option it is important to remember that it is best suited to individuals who have dark hair, so far only electrolysis will work on fair, red, grey or white hair. Permanent hair removal/reduction can be life changing for some individuals, excessive hair growth, especially on the face can lead to self esteem issues. If you have concerns it is worth a visit to your GP, you may have polycystic ovaries which can lead to excessive hair growth which is often associated with hormonal imbalance or perhaps even a side effect of a medication. Once you have spoken to your GP, seek the advice of a reputable aesthetician, there are many options available to you so don’t despair. A problem shared is a problem halved!