Oily skin is a common problem at any age, but the good news is there are many benefits to having oily skin:
- The sebaceous glands which produce the sebum (oil) has the primary purpose of lubricating and waterproofing the skin. This oil delivers essential nutrients and fights off environmental pollutants. Sebum contains vitamin E which is an antioxidant and protects against oxidative stress and free radicals.
- Using sunscreen is our best defence against UV rays, oily skin bolsters the effects of SPF.
- Oily skin is slower to age because the skin is thicker and has a higher natural protection factor.
- Less inflammation means less wrinkles, because of the sweet antioxidants produced by the sebaceous glands, oily skin has a tendency not to get inflamed, which can cause fine lines and wrinkles.
- Skin care products work best if they are formulated for your skin type, and products for oily skin have been hand picked for you by our professionals.
Controlling the skin with a good skincare regime is the first step, combine with a good diet, plenty of sleep and 2 litres of water every day and you will see a difference in the skin. Some of our favourite products for oily skin:
- Dermal Clay Cleanser is a refreshing creamy clay cleanser that lifts oils to deep clean and refine the skin’s texture. 250ml £32 & 500ml £49.50
- Clearing skin wash is a medicated cleanser which helps clear congestion and aids with minimising breakouts without over drying.Use twice a day. Available in two sizes 250ml £36 & 500ml £56
- Skin Prep Scrub Skin is an exfoliator which can be used twice a week to remove dead skin cells, unclog your pores and improve the texture of your skin leaving your skin looking and feeling fresh and smooth – 75ml £31
- Overnight Clearing Gel is a night time gel which helps clear skin and prevent future breakouts. The gel helps to reduce excess sebum and calms inflammation. Contains salicylic acid to clear pore clogged skin – 50ml £46
- Clearing Mattifier. If you are looking for a product to apply under your makeup and will last all day long then this is the one for you. It is a miracle worker at reducing shine to give a matte finish -40ml £47.50
- Skin Refining Masque is a deep cleansing clay masque that will purify and refine oily skin by absorbing excessive oil. Also helps to reduce future congestion – 75ml £30.30
- Sebum Clearing Masque is a medicated treatment that helps clear congestion and regulate the oil production -75ml £44.50
- Active Moist is a lightweight oil free product that will hydrate the skin with no greasy after feel -50ml £33.50 & 100ml £52
- For a broad spectrum protection against UV rays try – Oil Free matte with SPF30 – 50ml £44.50
A recent addition to our product range is the Environ skincare system. These products are ‘prescription only’. We have had phenomenal results with the following products
- Sebu-Wash Gel Cleanser is an anti-bacterial face wash which gently deep cleanses and mildly exfoliates to decongest the skin and alleviate congestion. The anti-bacterial properties has a healing effect on the skin. 150ml £29.95
- SebuClear Masque is a clay based mask which deeply cleanses and helps to absorb surface oil. 50ml £42
- Sebu-ACE Oil to be used with Sebu-Lac lotion after cleansing and toning, mix equal amounts into palm of hand before massaging into the skin, use morning and evening. 60ml £38
- Sebu-Lac Lotion has lactic acid which acts as an exfoliant, has teatree which is antiseptic suitable for spots. 60ml £32
If you are still unsure which products to use, book in for a face mapping treatment and allow our experts to talk you through your indepth skin analysis using our skin scanner. At a cost of £12 for a 20 minute face mapping to identify which areas of the face need targeting and suggest the products to use, plus samples given to try out at home. The cost of £12 is redeemable against treatments or products. Its never been a better time to book.