Holiday Treatment wish List.
Who doesn’t hit the gym as soon as the summer holiday is booked? Nothing inspires me more to go to the gym than the thought of wearing a bikini. Holiday prep doesn’t have to be all about hard work, the treatments we require prior to our holiday is the nice bit …… Time isn’t always on my side, with a hectic work schedule and managing my home life but I always try to find time for my ‘must have treatments’
- Waxing is an absolute must when I am going on holiday .Once I book in for this treatment I know I am not far off my holiday. If I get no other treatment, this one I will definitely have. I love the silky smooth skin after waxing.
- Summer holidays is the perfect time to experiment with fun colours on your hands and toes. From a shape and paint to a luxury manicure/pedicure, or opting for gel overlays is ideal to guarantee longevity whilst basking in the sun, chip free polish that can last up to 3 weeks.
- Nothing can beat getting a professional Body Scrub. We can all do our own but it is difficult to reach all of the back area and get a good pressure to scrub the body of dead skin cells. Thalgo Exotic Island Scrub leaves the skin extremely smooth, supple and soft. Sand, coconut shell and salt on a base of nourishing oils for gentle exfoliation.
- If I have time, I try to factor in an Inch Loss Body Wrap, a single wrap or a course of wraps is ideal for instant inch loss. Measurements are taken on 16 different parts of the body. The body is then wrapped in warm bandages which are soaked in a solution of Aloe Vera, Vitamins and Minerals that removes toxins and conditions the skin. Left in your cocoon for one hour, unwrapped and re-measured. Lose from 6 to 20 inches on your first wrap.
- When on holiday during the day I don’t wear makeup only sunscreen and some lipstick, plus I usually swim quite a bit to cool down. I like to get my Eyebrows and Eyelashes tinted which helps my lashes look as if they have mascara on.
- Last but not least I always get a Spray Tan during the holiday season, either a professional spray tan at the salon or I use the He-Shi self tan which is quick and easy to apply. I prefer not to sunbathe but do like to have a natural glow on my skin.
Following your holiday, its a great idea to have a facial, perhaps you have a bit of a tan or had one or two glasses of wine too many. These factors can leave the skin very dehydrated and lack lustre. There are several facials to choose from:
- A Dermalogica Prescriptive Facial is a deep cleansing facial that is customised at every step of the way by your skin care specialist who will use the products to suit your skin type. Expect to leave the salon with your skin feeling radiant, hydrated and a clearer complexion.
- Environ Advanced Active Vitamin Treatment has to be my all time favourite facial. Environ facials use Low frequency Sonophoresis, this is a sound wave without the electrical current and pulsed Iontophoresis which is small electrical pulses to penetrate products into the deeper layers of skin. This facial is packed full with nourishing, anti-ageing ingredients. The Active Vitamin treatment is suitable for all skin types and is particularly effective at addressing sun-damage, pigmentation, premature ageing, dryness, uneven skin tone and scarring with measurable differences after just one session.
- Mesoestetic Facial Peel can be tailored for your skin’s requirements such as hyper pigmentation, skin aging, acne, stretch marks or any other skin imperfections. After the peel the skin will appear younger, hydrated and luminous.
At Beauty Haven we pride ourselves in offering the best treatments to get you ready for the most important season of the year – summer holidays. Have fun and stay cool in the sun.