17.Skin Reactions.( adult acne)
17. SKIN REACTIONS.
Our skin can react quickly to changes in our lives such as pregnancy, illness, tiredness, hormonal changes, menopause and more. Eyes can give many secrets away too, looking heavy, red and simply losing their sparkle.!!
Conditions occurring such as psoriasis, dandruff, eczema, acne, rosacea and hives can cause us endless trouble, so we need to nurture each condion as it comes along.
Part 1. Looking at adult acne.
The appearance of spots, whiteheads and blackheads – can be fuelled by stress due to an increased surge of hormones that kick in to help us cope with the stressful task in hand.
Today there is a much higher incidence of adult acne in women with high pressured jobs, and busy lives,
Mild to moderate cases are usually prescribed topical retinoids and sometimes antibiotics from your GP.
Acne can rob you of a huge part of your life ,whilst being a physical condition the psychological impact destroys confidence and relationships and can dramatically change your way of living.
The skin has thousands of tiny hair follicles each containing a sebaceous gland – producing sebum. A reaction of the gland to the hormone testosterone causes an overproduction of sebum and together with dead skin cells blocks the follicle, causing a blackhead. If the grease and bacteria can’t escape whiteheads and cysts with sebum and pus form. Usual causes of adult acne are hormonal and faulty closing of the hair duct.
It is vital to keep the skin clean, removing excess grease with a good cleansing regime. Skin peeling has proven successful as the peeling action reduces inflammation and unblocks pores.
The meaning TO PEEL – Application of substances of an acid nature to evoke a reaction to stimulate the natural healing process. This will replace and renovate deteriorated skin for a newer, younger and more revitalised one.
At Beauty Haven we have an exciting treatment aimed for skin conditions such as acneic skin.
- What is it? The Mesoestetic Peel.
- How does it work? Exfoliates and eliminates old damaged cells.
- How does it feel? Some people will experience a warm tingly feeling.
- How long does the treatment take? About 40 minutes.
- How many treatments are needed? We recommend a course of Six. However, visible results after one treatment.
- How much does it cost? £50
- Who performs treatment? An aesthetic professional.
- Results? Improved texture, stimulates collagen and elastin production, reduces oil and acneic activity.
- Also perfect to even out skin tone, diminish fine lines and reduce pore size.
Also, try a healthy skin diet, incorporating:
- High water veggies.
- Orange Veg. such as carrot or sweet potato, these are packed with vitamin A, good for an all over detox.
- Oysters. Containing the acne fighting zinc.
- Yogurt…with probiotics, which will prevent bad bacteria.
- Dark chocolate…high in antioxidants.
- Water,8 glasses a day, hydrates and flushes out bad toxins.
- Reduce alcohol.
- Too much spice can exacerbate acne, opt for herbs such as thyme, rosemary and mint for flavouring.